About myself


Hello! I’m Xiaoqi Yang from China, a MA Games Design student of UCLan after my BA Digital Media Technology course.

In my undergraduate course I learned to use Unity3d and Cocos2d to create a game, and use Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects for processing. My undergraduate graduation project is a text adventure game mixed elimination game - Bakumatsu Tenryo, which adapt from the game Touken Ranbu.



‘Bakumatsu Tenryo’ screen shot


I like reading fancy novels, comics and watching movies, I’m so in love with the story and the virtual world in these works. Games are much better than these as player can make more interaction through games. Numerous great games have shown us grand worlds and magnificent stories, becoming the memory of a generation.

The first digital game I met is JX3, a Chinese 3D marital art MMORPG online game, It is a story full of history against the backdrop of the Tang Dynasty, in which players join different factions to grow into a great warrior, join different camps and gangs with friends and protect the country! This Chinese art style game gain great success in China and other Asia region.

JX3

And then I played the other MMORPG game - Final Fantasy XIV, that player act as a budding adventurer to travel the continent and help solve problems everywhere. The story of FF14 is smooth and compact, loved by many fans around the world.
Final Fantasy XIV

Recently I play a smart phone game Twisted-Wonderland which is made by Disney and Aniplex.This game has been rising in popularity after the start of the service, and is now firmly keep the first place in the monthly flow of Japanese smart phone games. In addition to the excellent art design, this is inseparable from its appealing main story. The classic Disney animated villains become the game's story protagonists and players become classmates with them.
Twist-Wonderland

I have the experience of writing a play and design a plot flow of text adventure game. In my MA study, my ambition is to be a professional designer with script writing skills , systematic workflows in games design, and better techniques in learning, doing research and analysis, which is necessary significant in unfamiliar area of script writing.
What’s more, I want to improve my technical skills in Live2D and graphic design that make me a well-round designer as it widely used in the production of smartphone games.
I want to challenge myself to write scripts for different background of games, from modern day games to fantasy games and historic adapted game, and various theme of games from horror games, romance game etc.

Finally, I find some reference of books as follows.

- The Art of Interactive Design: A Euphonious and Illuminating Guide to Building Successful Software by Chris Crawford


- How Games Move Us: Emotion by Design by Katherine Isbister



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live2D Model Video

Gameplay of The Sister's